Sunday, 4 June 2017

Mellerstain Parrots #9

I almost forgot to post for the three-weekly SAL!  Luckily I read a post and remembered, so here we go. There has been some progress!




I have been working on the wing of the left parrot, you can see the progress in the picture below.


I'm pretty sure I stitched this the wrong way round.  It is long and short stitch so I think I should have stitched from tip to top rather than from top to bottom as I did.  Maintaining those points was tricky.  I also didn't use the right colour for the third stripe from the bottom, there were 2 colours missing from my kit and that was one of them!


Wonder if I'll ever finish this parrot!



I'm stitching along as part of a SAL where we all work on our WIPs, you can go and see what the other participants have been up to here:
ClaireGunCaroleLucyAnnKateJessSueConstanzeDebbieroseChristinaKathyMargaretCindyHelenStephLindaCatherineMary MargaretTimothy

If you'd like to join in, please contact Avis




16 comments:

Kate Chiconi said...

We'd never have known if you hadn't said anything! I think your parrot is very handsome, and you've made lots of progress.

livinginrapidcity said...

It's really coming along splendidly! You might just have that wing finished by the next update, if it's not too complicated! Well done, you!

sewingbesidethesea said...

Looking so good. I'm looking forward to seeing the eye.

thecraftycreek.com said...

Looks beautiful, I've got a crewel work piece lined up to do, seeing this makes me want to start it!

Rachel said...

I'm sure you will finish him, and his little quirks will add to his charm!

marymargaretripley.com said...

Great progress! I noticed the wing right away.

Magpie Sue said...

Whether or not you started from the "wrong end" the wing is looking good to me! I look forward to seeing your progress on this with each SAL.

Jane Galley said...

i can almost sense the finish

margaret said...

your parrots are coming along beautifully, shame some wool was missing I am sure Phillipa would send it to you of you get in touch with her

claire93 said...

this has really come along in leaps and bounds!

stitchingranny said...

Great progress. Have you contacted the company who produce this kit. I have usually found that they will deal with problems like missing threads (or thread shortages), quite happily, and would be happy to supply you with the missing threads.

rutigt said...

Great progress! Your doing well!

D1-D2 said...

He looks pretty good. We would never have known you had to make substitutions.

FlashinScissors said...

He is looking very good! Lovely progress. Well done!
Barbara x

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

You've mades lots of progress on this. It's beautiful and not far from a finish :)

Sarah in Stitches said...

It's so pretty! I love this project. You can totally finish it, Wendy! :D