Monday 15 December 2014

A couple of cards

It's hard to imagine now, but I used to be an avid card maker.  I spent all my free time making cards, but these days I hardly ever make any.  The silly thing is, that when I do make them, I enjoy it.  I think what stops me making more is having my craft room upstairs.  When I was at my card making peak, I lived in tiny little flats where I used the dining room table as my craft room.  With them being tiny little flats, the table was in the living room, pushed up against a wall with towers of storage on top.  I miss those days...


The quilled cherry blossom was made into a card in record time (for me).  I sent this off to Mr CA's nana (would that be Nana CA?) as a thank you for my birthday present.  I simply layered it up and added some brads in the corners.


This card was made from die cuts and a birthday cake candle and found its home with my dad for his birthday.  I needle-felted a card for my mum's birthday but neglected to take a photo.  I'll have to ask her to take on as I know she will have kept it.

8 comments:

Flickenstichlerin said...

Beautiful cards, lovely flowers, and like you said, for you in no time, for me this would never happen, or I brake my fingers.
Greetings,
Sylvia

Rachel said...

Cardmaking does seem to result in huge stacks of supplies.But then - I haven't found a home for all my stuff from Harrogate yet!

Sarah in Stitches said...

Lovely cards! I love how the cherry blossom one turned out. Great work! :D

Angela said...

They look gorgeous :)

Bethany said...

Ooo I love the cherry blossom card!!!

Sheryl said...

What very lovely cards to receive Wendy, a real joy. Beautifully made.

margaret said...

you are certainly a crafty with so many different talents, love the cards. I stitch in my kitchen although I have 2 spare bedrooms but they are cold!! I would love to downsize but the house needs work doing on it before it can be sold and there is always the problem of finding a buyer and keeping it tidy whilst on the market

Jane said...

They look good though, you'll have to get into the habit of doing one or two a week